Home Home Administration Administration Help Help About About

Mini Bus Requirements


Training Required: 

  • Both sessions must be completed before being allowed to drive the Mini Bus.

 1.       Passenger Van Training

         See Passenger Vans Designed to Carry 8 or More Link for more information.

(Session is approximately 1-hour in length.)


    • Certification is good for four years.  Then individual needs to attend the session again.  


2.       Mini Bus Orientation

         Orientation includes information about the Mini Bus and driving the vehicle. 

(Session is approximately 1-hour in length.)


    • Session is only required once, but additional orientation can be requested at any time.


In addition to the training listed above, individuals must have a status of Faculty/Staff, Graduate Student or Student of 25 years or older at the time of the trip to drive the Mini Bus. 



To Register for Mini Bus Orientation, Contact:






Registered Student Organizations


Registered Student Organizations may now Request use of University Vehicles

Historically, the state insurance policy has prohibited RSOs from utilizing university vehicles.  To better serve the needs of the RSOs, Risk Management, Facilities Management, and the Dean of Students Office have worked together to procure commercial insurance that would apply to the use of fleet vehicles by university RSOs.

Vehicles covered by this insurance include selected four-door sedans, mini-vans, and an ADA-accessible van.  Vehicles available to RSOs are limited and available on a first-come, first-served reservation basis.

RSOs must complete the RSO Tranportation request and submit to Fleet Services a minimum of 3 weeks prior to the anticipated travel.  To obtain this form please see the Documets section. https://ilstu.agilefleet.com/doclibrary.asp

Please refer to the Procedures for requesting a vehicle for RSO's: https://ilstu.agilefleet.com/doclibrary.asp


RSOs must request fleet vehicles and submit driver information at least two weeks in advance of the anticipated travel. 

Reservations will be accepted on a rolling 12-month period. 

Vehicles should be requested by the RSO advisor through the Agile Fleet Commander Reservation system (



All RSO drivers must:

(a)    be a member or advisor of the RSO that is requesting the vehicle.  The RSO must currently be registered and active on the Illinois State University campus.

(b)   be a currently enrolled ISU student or currently employed faculty or staff member at Illinois State University

(c)    be at least 20 years old

(d)   have a valid Illinois drivers license

(e)   sign a Drivers License Certification, Vehicle Usage Consent and Waiver (available from Facilities Management)

(f)  until further notice the driver must obtain their own Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) from the State of Illinois driving facility, at the driver's/RSO's cost.  (the driving record criteria is available from Facilities Management upon request)

 Questions about RSO usage of university vehicles may be directed to the Student Involvement Center at 438-3212 or studentorganizations@ilstu.edu.


Fleet Vehicles    


The Fleet Operations Unit of Facilities Management maintains a fleet of vehicles which are available to faculty/staff and registered student organizations which have funding with the Comptroller's Office. Fleet vehicles are to be used for official University business only. The fleet consists of sedans, mini-vans, 12-passenger vans, one pick-up truck, 2- 15 passenger mini buses, and one large van equipped with a hydraulic lift for physically challenged passengers. Only ISU funded accounts can be charged for the use of the vehicles. Charges vary by the type of vehicle used. 

The Facilities Management Department also schedules the use of buses. School buses and charter buses are available. Buses are charged out at contract rates and can be submitted through the agile fleet request system for both quotes and bookings.

Vehicles Excluding Buses

The Facilities Management Department attempts to accommodate travel on a first come first served basis. Reservations may be made on-line with the computerized fleet reservation system. Occasionally it is necessary to "bump" the reservation to a different type of vehicle due to a priority need.

The driver of the vehicle must possess and show a valid driver's license to procure a vehicle. Only persons who have shown their driver's license at Facilities Management for that particular trip are authorized to drive. Vehicles cannot be picked up early and taken to the user's home, or kept at the user's home after a trip. The driver of the vehicle is responsible for all fines incurred while the vehicle is checked out.


The Facilities Management Department has a contract for bus services. School buses and charter coaches are available. Generally there is no cancellation charge if the reservation is cancelled through Facilities Management more than 24 hours prior to the scheduled time of the trip. For information on how to reserve a bus, contact the Facilities Management Department at 438-2038.

Overview for Rental Rates

Various rental rates have been established for the use of fleet vehicles. For further information regarding rental rates and bus charters, call the Fleet Dispatcher at 438-2038


To make changes to yor reservation

If  for any reason there are any changes in the information presented on the original request, please Go to "my Schedule" and click on the Hour Glass, then click on modify request. Remember, you will be charged if it isn't 24 hours notice.


To cancel a trip online

Go to "my schedule" click on red x next to reservation you wish to cancel, give reason for cancellation, and "submit".  Remember, you will be charged if it isn't 24 hours notice.

All users parking personal vehicle in the Fleet Services lot while using a rental vehicle must have a Faculty/Staff parking permit.  If the user does not have a Faculty/Staff permit, please see a customer service representative for a temprary permit.


University Vehicle Credit Card Use    

Gasoline and Oil Purchase

A wright express credit card is provided to the driver of a Fleet vehicle. The credit card is to be used for purchasing gasoline for the vehicle while it is used away from campus.The credit ticket should list the fluids purchased and be signed by the driver. The credit receipt must be turned in with the keys when the trip has been completed. If no stations accept the credit card provided, pay for the services needed. Provide the receipt with your name, social security number and where you would like the reimbursement mailed.

Non-Approved Purchases

The Wright Express credit card is to be used for the purchase of gasoline only for the vehicle. In no case should the credit card be used to purchase food, snacks, souvenirs, etc. In the event that the card is used for non-approved purchases, the driver of the vehicle is responsible for the cost of the purchase plus a service charge.

Emergency Repairs

Driver must notify the Fleet Office of any accidents, malfunctions or changes in travel plans during the trip.  In event of an emergency repair, driver must have verbal authorization prior to repairing vehicle.  At this time credit cards may or may not be authorized for repairs.

Departmental Credit Card

The Departmental Credit Card is not to be used for travel except for airline airfare, train tickets or conference registrations.  See 7.5.3 Credit Card Use for detailed information about the use of the Departmental Credit Card.

Privacy Statement  •  Feedback
Copyright © 2017 Agile Access Control, Inc. All rights reserved.